The Institute Discrimination & Harassment Response Office (IDHR) envisions an MIT community that prioritizes mutual respect, equity, inclusivity, and accountability where all members recognize the impact of their behavior on others with a willingness to grow and change.
IDHR is a resource for the entire MIT community for concerns related to discrimination and discriminatory harassment, including for sexual misconduct under Title IX federal regulations.
We strive to reduce the prevalence and impact of discrimination and discriminatory harassment by providing for all MIT community members, including students, faculty, and staff:
- engaging educational opportunities,
- information about resources,
- individualized supportive measures, including academic, workplace, and housing modifications,
- tracking and reporting patterns and trends,
- and complaint resolution pathways that include restorative and investigative processes.