The Institute Discrimination & Harassment Response Office (IDHR) envisions an MIT community that prioritizes mutual respect, equity, inclusivity, and accountability where all members recognize the impact of their behavior on others with a willingness to grow and change.
IDHR strives to reduce the prevalence and impact of discrimination and discriminatory harassment by providing for all MIT community members, including students, faculty, and staff:
- engaging educational opportunities,
- information about resources,
- supportive measures, including academic, workplace, and housing modifications,
- tracking and reporting patterns and trends,
- and complaint resolution pathways that include restorative and investigative processes.