MIT’s Institute Discrimination & Harassment Response Office (IDHR) is dedicated to preventing and addressing discrimination and discriminatory harassment across the Institute. IDHR Student Liaisons are undergraduate and graduate students from across the Institute who meet twice a month to provide feedback and input to IDHR.
- Provide input on IDHR messaging, outreach efforts, informational resources, and processes.
- Share insight into student concerns and knowledge of IDHR services.
- Serve as liaisons between IDHR and student communities through outreach and events.
- Plan and execute an annual signature event focused on increasing community awareness and knowledge on the topics of discrimination and discriminatory harassment.
- Must be a currently enrolled MIT student.
- Must be available to attend bi-weekly meetings.
- Must complete an application and interview.
- For folks who have accessed resolution options through IDHR: Must have waited at least a full semester since participating in an IDHR resolution process as an active participant (e.g. complainant, respondent, or key witness in administrative complaint).
Student Liaison Requirements
If selected, participate in the IDHR Student Liaisons training.
Commit to attending at least 75% of meetings. Estimated time commitment for IDHR Student Liaisons is three hours per month.
Commit to one academic year of membership. Members who are interested can reapply for a second year.
Must not be an active participant (e.g. complainant, respondent, or key witness in administrative complaint) in a current resolution process (formal or adaptable).
Positions for undergraduate and graduate students includes representation from specific student groups as well as at-large positions. The available positions are listed below:
- Undergraduate At Large Representatives (2)
- Graduate At Large Representatives (2)
- Undergraduate Association Representative
- Graduate Student Council Representative
- PLEASURE Representative
- Office of Multicultural Programs PEP Leaders Representative
- Graduate Womxn at MIT Representative
- REFS Representative
- Wellbeing Ambassadors Representative
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Representative
- Dormitory Council (DormCon) Representative
- Fraternities, Sororities, and Independent Living Groups Representatives (2)